Welcome: An Introduction

Sharing the insights I discover as I explore and experience the mystery that is our reality. Join me in my journey and share yours.




Sunday, January 30, 2011

Giving God Praise

 
 Psalm 63


 You, God, are my God,
   earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
   my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
   where there is no water.
 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
   and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
   and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
   with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
 6 On my bed I remember you;
   I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
   I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
   your right hand upholds me.
9 Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;
   they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
   and become food for jackals.
 11 But the king will rejoice in God;
   all who swear by God will glory in him,
   while the mouths of liars will be silenced.






Heavenly Father,

Whether we find ourselves in a church surrounded by walls and lined with pews, bordered by beautiful stained glass, a tribute to your glory...in a school cafeteria with fluorescent lights blinking overhead...or whether we find ourselves in a living sanctuary of pines and birch as we walk across the earth you laid out for us, may we praise Your name!

Inundate us with Your Love, surround us with Your peace, bless us with Your presence as we declare you Sovereign over our hearts and lives, kneeling before Your throne of Grace, yielding all we are to You.

May we lose ourselves so that we may be found wholly and utterly in You. Redefine us, as we strip off all of our attachments and illusions, redefine us so that our characters are not shaped by the world but defined by Christ.
Help us be attentive to the Whispers of Your Grace, help open our hearts so that we may treasure Your commands and find living out Your laws a living expression of devotion and love towards You.

We give you all glory honor and praise.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

5 comments:

  1. I just got lost in the words, very soothing and although I cannot explain why very apt for me today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, the Psalms are wonderful words for meditation – wonderful! His love is truly better than life… Off and on I see in my mind’s eye today those scales (from a previous post of yours), balancing my thoughts. This helps me focus more on Him. Thank you for these daily meditations, as they always pull me back to the Center where I belong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ' 6 On my bed I remember you;
    I think of you through the watches of the night.'

    A time for prayer and hopefully a restful sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary...Amen...I love the psalms too :)

    Sarah...so glad that you found the words in this post soothing...when I read this psalm this morning, I, too, was comforted by the words...and then of course couldn't help but share :)

    Debra...I enjoy the psalms too for meditation and prayer. They are so inpiring and encouraging and have a deep effect in pulling me back to the Center as well. May we always seek God at the center of our Being..for He's always there waiting! It's refreshing knowing someone who understands these things :)...thank you for your fellowship!

    Amen Satire :)

    ReplyDelete