It all had a simple beginning. A dare from a friend and a scrap of paper and a pen. From that humble start a transformation within her began that would bring her a greater awareness of God's presence and revelation of what it means to live a life full of gratitude and joy.
I introduced this book in a post called "Gratitude's Greatest Gifts", you can read it here: http://ascendingthehills.blogspot.com/2011/05/gratitudes-greatest-gifts.html
I'd like to share the interview she had with Moira Brown. I hope it inspires many of you to consider reading this great book!
The complete interview is about eighteen minutes, but well worth the watch! I hope you enjoy!
I'd like to share more of my list from my gratitude journal, and perhaps after watching this interview, or maybe after reading my previous post, "Gratitude's Greatest Gifts", you'll be inspired to take part in the dare yourself...the dare to live fully and find abundant blessings in your everyday moments!
14. sun-kissed waters dancing to last light of day
15. mallard ducks bobbing, diving, gloriously feasting
16. soil, fertile with the promise of life
17. open book, words inviting me
18. picnics outside
19. walks to the grocery store, son chattering, bags heavy and full
20. open window, breeze drifting in, fluttering curtains
21. water from the garden hose sparking in the sun's light, a delicate arch, nourishing petals to root
22. rainbow in the spray from hose, making my son jump and clap
23. sounds of children playing happily together
24. heron gliding over water
25. bike rides with my daughter
26. mug heavy with hot coffee
27. pages of Scripture turning
28. reading together as a family at night
29. laying next to my son while he sleeps, watching his delicate chest rise and fall
What did you think of the interview? What simple blessings have you found in your day or week? Please share in the comments section!