Welcome: An Introduction

Sharing the insights I discover as I explore and experience the mystery that is our reality. Join me in my journey and share yours.




Friday, October 15, 2010

Bibe Verse of the Day

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (New International Version)


 9 Two are better than one,
       because they have a good return for their work:

 10 If one falls down,
       his friend can help him up.
       But pity the man who falls
       and has no one to help him up!


Some of my thoughts on these verses: When I read these verses this morning they reminded me of the importance of fellowship. God wants His body (us) to work effectively to further His Kingdom here on earth. If we are to ever grow deeper in Him we need to realize the importance in deepening our relationships within the body of Christ as well. And when one body part is suffering it is important for the rest of the body to pick up the heavy load of that part that is incapacitated while sending encouragement, nourishment and help, both physically as well as spiritually to that person or persons that need lifting up.

I used to think I didn't need fellowship, that it had no real significance as long as I continued to grow in God myself and in my knowledge of Him. But the thing is, God didn't make us to be alone. He gave us gifts to bless others with and he gave others gifts to bless us with. To spread love and compassion throughout the world, for love and compassion was the embodiment of Jesus, means not just to stick to oneself while growing in our relationship with God but extending oneself to others too. Jesus sure didn't stick to himself. He went out actively, healing, preaching, teaching, comforting. Just some thoughts...does anyone have any thoughts of their own regarding this?

'three angels'

No comments:

Post a Comment