Welcome: An Introduction

Sharing the insights I discover as I explore and experience the mystery that is our reality. Join me in my journey and share yours.




Friday, October 22, 2010

Verse of the Day: Psalm 63:5-8

Psalm 63:5-8 (English Standard Version)


 5My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
   and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
6when I remember you upon my bed,
   and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7for you have been my help,
   and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
8My soul clings to you;
   your right hand upholds me.


burning candle













In the quiet solitude of personal devotion and prayer ,when we reflect on the attributes of God and all the ways He's provided strength, assurance, direction and comfort to our weary and searching souls an amazing thing happens. God floods us with the joy and peace of His Spirit as we worship and praise Him. I love these verses because for me they speak so much truth. Coming before God in prayer, reading His Word, meditating, all these ways are ways that leave one with so much spiritual fulfillment and nourishment. When our soul clings to God and seeks shelter under His mighty wings, God blesses us richly, giving us the strength to get through life's obstacles and bring glory to His name.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment